Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Mother Lode!

What a day, what a day, what a day!

Our tiny Jo-Ann store is moving from its current location, to the store space literally right next to it.  Like, one door down in the shopping center.  But the square footage is more than doubling.  Yay!  But THAT's not what made my day...

Instead of moving all the inventory next door, they're just treating it as if the store is completely closing.  That means LIQUIDATION!  I wandered in there today expecting to get a yard or two of whatever was on sale; I walked out with both arms full!  Ev-er-y-thing in the store was 75% off - that means even clearance items were 75% off on top of the clearance price.

Check out this reciept:

 Woot!  I like to show my husband the "total savings" part.  I think that softens the blow.  He may disagree...


That's about 18 yards of fabric!
 That big roll is auto headliner fabric.  2.5 yards (that's all they had left) for $3.45/yard.  Hello!
All the cotton prints there ranged from $1.50-$2.50/yard.  Amazing!  And I got 5 yards of something akin to Heat & Bond, for like .60/yd.  ALSO, those colorful 3 bolts are knits.  I'm going to give it a go.  Wish me luck...

Now my stash is refreshed (I was getting pretty tired of the same old stuff, trying to use it up!), I've got stabilizer & interfacing coming out of my ears, and I'm a happy lady!


2 comments: