Saturday, March 6, 2010

Recent Goodies

Fun, fun, fun lately!  A "craft day" at a friend's house last week - the husbands watched the kids ALL DAY, and the girls got together and worked on projects.  I finished two projects start-to-finish because of that day...one, the night before (because I just couldn't stop!) and the other that day. 

My knitting needle rollup:
 
Happy to say that 1. I have more needles to fill it with now.  :)  And 2. This whole thing probably cost me about a dollar to make, if that.  The outside (green) is from a tablecloth I found at Goodwill, and the inside is from a fitted sheet I found at Goodwill.  Greg wasn't crazy about the sheet; he said it reminded him of his grandparents' porch furniture.  :)  I thought that was funny because it reminded me of the same thing, but that's what I love about it!  Look for this pattern in an upcoming sundress for a cute 6 year old we know...and maybe another headband...

And here is my new knitting bag - but I plan on using it for other things too, or maybe just making a few more because it is such a great size...

 
It's an Amy Butler Chelsea Bag pattern.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!  It came together beautifully, no hassles.  I got lots of ooohs and ahhhs when I finished it (which always makes me happy!).  

So speaking of knitting, I'm still totally loving it...mostly doing stuff to practice on lately but I think I'm about to go for a "real" project with a pattern and everything.  We shall see how it goes.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel

    I just came to see your blog after seeing your lovely handbag on sew mama sew.(beautiful pink colour by the way!)

    I love your knitting needle roll up too! I've been playing around with roll ups lately finding interesting things to put in them! Hadn't thought of that! OH well, another thing to add to my list of things to make!! Thanks for the inspiration!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jill! Here is a link to the tutorial I used for my rollup: http://multicrafty.blogspot.com/2007/09/knitting-needle-case-tutorial.html

    Thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete