Shamelessly copying off of Inspired by Jen at Life, Crafts, and Whatever: my week in review ~
1. Do you know where I am, right now, at this very moment? At the beach. On vacation. :) With DH, our (not so) little ones, and his two (out of high school) teenagers. This week, my to-do list consists of working on my killer tan, and reading a book. I painted my toenails with cutesy little decals just for the occasion!
2. Related to #1: I found a pair of sunglasses that looks good on me, AND doesn't give me a headache. Score!
3. Also related to #1: I found a SWIMSUIT that I'm happy with, thanks to the wonder of ruching. I'm pretty sure that ruching is God's gift to swimsuits - and post-baby women everywhere. Yeah, my babies are 5 and 7. What's your point?
4. My little guy had his very last tee-ball game this week. It was kind of bittersweet, but then we went out for ice cream with the whole team afterward. The stand had butter pecan, and that made it all OK.
5. My lilies are blooming, and they look beautiful...and smell intoxicating. I really, really hope they are still in bloom when we get back.
1. I got rooked into signing up for a "cheerleading boosters" committee, because I thought it was mandatory. They really made it sound like we had to. Only after I signed up did they tell me that it was optional. Grrr. I have no desire to be a booster of any kind at this point in my life, especially when I'm pretty sure my dearest darling daughter is only going to make the "alternate squad" this year, and thus, will be sitting and watching the cheerleaders do their thing. Like I want to be on some "spirit committee" for other people's kids. (Is that a bad attitude to have?)
3. Library fine = $11.80. I just kept forgetting to bring them back.
4. Some stinkin' varmint ate every one of my beautiful cucumber plants. I actually feel like I've had something stolen!!! I'm so bummed out. I'm surprised at how bummed out I am, actually.
So there you have it, my highs and lows of the week. But I hate to end on a negative note...! This vacation we're on is the first vaca we've taken with just ourselves - me, DH, and the kids. It was fun all week seeing the kids so excited about it. We don't go away every year, so it's kind of a big deal.
And not that I've been a blogging machine lately, but now that we're at the beach, I'm pretty much going to be unplugging for the week. Who knows when I'll be back...but when I do come back, I'm going to have my very first giveaway! Something I made. So stay tuned and don't delete me from your reader just yet!