Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lemonade, indeed

What am I going to do NOW?  What started as a provisional, "get me through till the machine is fixed" diversion...well...

I'm now totally obsessed with knitting.  OBSESSED.  Love it.  I can't get enough of it.  Lately instead of "craving" the feel of fabric and pins and the smell of the machine...I just gotta have some needles & yarn in my hot little hands.  What is going on?  What is this?

It's perfect, is what it is.  I can't sew in the car, or at the doctor's office, or on the couch watching TV, or during playgroup, ...but I can knit, baby. 

My first project: 
OK, yeah, it's a dish rag with two inexplicable holes in it.  But it's cool!  And on its maiden voyage, it didn't all fall apart - SCORE!


check out the binding off job - not too shabby for a first timer

My current project - a Swiffer cover.  (Sigh, I know.)  But this is the stuff that it's OK to make mistakes and learn on so I can move on to more delightfully delicious projects such as....

 

and 

 

and other adorable things.  

I wonder how my sewing machine must be feeling.  It miraculously reset itself after a few days - I was literally about to walk out the door to drive it to G'burg, when I thought, "I'd better turn it on one more time" and lo and behold, it was working like new again.  Would it be wrong to use it to sew a knitting needle roll-up bag?  ;)  Ha.  Of course not.  The two can learn to coexist.  I've got sewing projects lined up as far as the eye can see, too.  Today: new hat & mittens for my little guy.  Here are the ones I did for Abby a couple weeks ago:


Nolan's getting a boy version today - army colors & salamanders - just in time for our next Nor'Easter.  ;)  Then, an Easter dress for Abs, some spring/summer tops for moi, a purse or two, (a knitting bag - ssh), then...we'll all just have to wait and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment