Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My husband: an intro

A trip across the state to visit my parents means a trip to the Christmas Tree Shoppe.

This will all make sense in a minute.

I live in a town where we don't even have a Target.  So you can see part of my problem here.  I came back with, among other things, a set of four coffee mugs.  Really cute, and only $1 each! 



As I unpacked them while talking to my husband (Mr. H), I said, "look!  I got us a set of pretty mugs!"  (bad grammar, I know.  I blame it on 13 years of living in western PA.)

To which he replied, "Oh goodie!  Did you get me another hole in the head, while you were at it?"

Silence.  But inside my mind raged a battle...do I laugh?  No, that would only be admitting defeat.  Do I use a snappy comeback?  No, can't think of one.  What do I say?  I don't know.  Is that funny, or am I mad?  I don't know...  The result?  I stood there like a deer in headlights. 

And then I burst into laughter.  Because....


He's kinda right. 

He should just be glad it's mugs and not shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment