Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quick Knit: the GAP-tastic Cowl

Just in time for the cold (read: soon-to-be frigid) weather here in western PA…I finished my GAP-tastic Cowl.   It has been in my Ravelry queue for probably going on 2 years now. (And by the way, if you’re on Ravelry too, add me as a friend! I don’t know that many people on there, and it’s fun to see what my friends are doing.

Anway…the Gap-tasic Cowl. It’s ridiculously huge, bulky, and squishy.  And need I say warm?  I love it! I used just 2 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease thick & quick, with size 13 needles. Whoa. Talk about a fast knit. I did most of it while at a conference – sitting in an arena for about 6-8 hours a day, for two days – this projects was perfect for that. It’s a “mindless knit," meaning there are no charts or complicated patterns to follow. It’s knitted in moss stitch (or seed stitch, I always get those confused)…but anyway, it goes “knit, purl, knit, purl…….” until you’re done. (Basically.)  Wanna see some pics?  :)

Check out those stitches!  Love it!
I know my one "real life" knitter (crocheter/spinner/yarn dye-r/general fiber magician) friend Allena is a reader here.  When I was learning to knit, she was the one who fixed all my mistakes for me helped me figure out how to fix my own mistakes (ahem), and showed me more advanced things, such as "picking up stitches" and all that nonsense.   Do I have any other knitting friends here? 
http://www.skiptomylou.org/

12 comments:

  1. That looks lovely and so warm and cozy!! I would wear it all day long! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! A fellow Rach H, that is awesome! isn't it fun that it rhymes? haha! your blog is darling! I have a weekend link party if you ever want to stop by again and link up your awesomeness!

    Once Upon a Weekend starts Friday night
    www.familyeverafterblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would SO love to learn how to make one of these! Can you help me if I get the supplies?
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison - absolutely! I'd love to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel you are so funny! I just finished my second pair of toe up socks just in time for a cold night of Trick or Treat! My toes were still warm when I got home. I'm not much of a scarf person but that one looks great - plenty of it there to put over your head and ears on those really cold days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this, Rachel:) I especially LOVE the last picture with your face in it!! That is the Rachel I love. And by the way...your hair is ROCKIN'. seriously my favorite hairstyle since I have known you!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is sooooooo cute!! I have just finished similar thing for myself (just different pattern) and it is soooo warm:) I love your pattern but I am not quite sure how to make it. Is there any way you could explain it in a email??? I would love to make one like that as well:) It is simply gorgeous!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! And it would feel good here today! It's COLD! I can knit and crochet simple patterns! hhhmmmm! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how great it wraps and it looks so warm. Stopping by from the Creative Bloggers party hop.
    Hope you stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable scarf! Thanks for linking up with, Made by you Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am all for this...love it..popcorn stitch?
    looks like that...circular needles? YOU go girl...now ain't you special...you bet

    ReplyDelete