Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Weekly Loot

Yesterday DH and I went out yard sale-ing before I started work for the day.  It was probably one of the most abysmal yard sale days ever.  I found absolutely nothing!  Sometimes it's treasure, and sometimes it's truly just junk.  But this morning we went out and came home with a truck full of LOOT!  And dragging the kids around with us, at that!  He did much better in quantity than I did, but I came home buzzing off of my one great deal.


This chair was at our last stop of the morning, which we almost didn't even bother going to.  But we'd just been to a "dud" and didn't want to end the day on that note.  $5 price tag, I asked if she would take $3.  She did.  :)

Some other random stuff:

It's not all just about the furniture; I like little silly things too.  That flowery tea tin was 10 cents; the stack of plastic containers was .50.  I thought I could use them to store little sewing notions and stuff.  Two puzzles at .25 each...I cannot resist puzzles, even though I rarely do them and have no place to put them.  So help me, I can't resist.  A pack of unopened paper for .25 and a book for .75.  $5.10 total - great morning!

***

2 comments:

  1. Love the chair Rachel! I am looking for a cute chair to paint and put fur on the seat for Anna's room. That chair would be perfect! I need to stop going to soccer games and hit the yard sales. Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fur on the seat - that would be so cute! My Abby would LOVE that too. :)

      Delete