Thursday, June 9, 2011

Growing Season

I'm pretty sure that this summer is going to be a good one for my outdoor flowers!  I'm not exactly known for my green thumb.  But this summer, I have adopted a new policy: Don't bite off more than you can chew.  So far it seems to be working! I didn't go nuts planting annuals, I didn't go nuts with the hanging baskets.  Last year I started a perennial garden, and this year it's really looking nice.  So far, pretty low-maintenance stuff...and I like it!

I was watering my flowers & garden this morning, and was just so happy that nothing appears to be dead or dying...in fact, things are actually growing and...and...if I may be so bold...proliferating out there! 

perennial garden

echinacea

hydrangea

not a clue.  but it's so pretty!  I want to say...coreopsis?

my mom basically told me what to put in these baskets.  She was so right.  These are right on the brink of exploding into purple & lime green gorgeous-ness.


black eyed susan vine


square foot garden - mine is 4x4

look at these cucumber leaves!  2 are smooth, and one is jagged!  I think that's just wild!

the clematis - didn't do so great this year, but it's pretty nevertheless.


I planted this million bells myself...and it's actually filling in!  yay! 

Hopefully this isn't the best it looks all season - wish me luck!  :)

2 comments:

  1. the flowers are beautiful! can't wait to see them in person. be home soon and it's playdate and girl's night out time before you leave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I have never needed a girls night out so badly in all my life!!!

    ReplyDelete