So: let's review my winnings over the last couple of weeks...
I won a big package of sewing supplies from a giveaway. Cool!
I won a blog award - it's not a "real" blog award, like, I don't think I could put it on a resume. But I won it, I was the winner! Along with like 10 other bloggers. But I won!
So what the heck. I went and entered all sorts of giveaways over at The Blog Guidebook. To celebrate one year of success, they are giving away something each day this month.
And while we're at it, let's review my week thus far:
* I sent my cell phone (and only phone) through the wash. It is sitting in a bowl of rice, clinging to life. But I think it may be too late.
* My dearest darling daughter (7) had her first competition cheerleading practice tonight. It's sort of like a tryout, but if you don't make the squad, you make the "alternate" squad. Trust me, I know all about the "alternate" squads of life. They also go by the following names: B Team, Townsperson #4, percussion section...but I did play a mean glockenspiel in my day.
* Punxsutawney Phil is living under my deck. He brazenly came out this morning, looked around like he owned the place, and weaseled back into his comfy abode. And I couldn't even call animal control because my phone is covered in rice! I have gotten all kinds of advice, ranging from coyote urine, to letting him in my house and keeping him as a pet. Sigh. I have such well-meaning friends, I really do.
* It's hotter than Hades right now. And our house was built in the 1920's, which means NO AIR CONDITIONING, and that also means that I've been...well, rather cranky.
* I'm actually considering never using our public library again, because of the monstrous fine I've undoubtedly racked up there. I'm afraid to even find out how much it is. #1, I don't know how I'll be able to show my face there again, and #2, I'll probably have to mortgage the house to pay down the fine. I just forget to return books in a timely manner. Is that such a crime?
* Today is my birthday. I'm the big 3-6. DH is working 5:30-2, then we have two overlapping little league games tonight. I actually love little league; I love watching my kids play. So I'm cool with it!
* My stepdaughter graduates from high school this weekend. When I met her, she was MY kids' age. She was like 6 or 7. That totally freaks me out. It went so fast.
If you made it this far down the post, congrats! 10 points to you! Thanks for sticking with me & my random thoughts for the day!