We had a yard sale about a month or so ago. I almost put these three vases in the "3/$1.00" pile, but then I thought I could do something with them.
So I thought, what the heck! I got the spraypaint out. DH said that he'd be very surprised if it worked. I told him to watch and learn. ;) Rustoleum 2x Painter's Touch was on the job.
Then I picked up three crocheted doilies from the Dollar Tree and did the Nestea Plunge onto the doily bandwagon.
First I cut out the middles...which just happened to fit perfectly on the bottom - you know, to keep these from scratching tables and all that.
|note to self: don't use your good sewing scissors next time.|
|so you just Mod-Podge or glue that on. I didn't seal it. It didn't need sealing. It just needed to get stuck on.|
|folded up the sides, two at a time...|
|and cut the corners off.|
|ended up with this.|
|1. Glop it on|
|2. Stick it down.|
Next, plant a hydrangea. Wait a few years. Then cut off some blooms. Put the blooms in the vases!
Now that's something I'd actually display! In fact, it's on the sofa table as we speak. Not that we're speaking, exactly.
Before & After (my favorite part!)