I think I'll start with the lows this week, because I like to end on a positive note!
1. Another Sunday at church, without DH. It's only because of his work schedule, which is such a quandary. On one hand, I'm extremely thankful for his job. I really am. We've been through a lot of stuff that makes me NOT take his job for granted (most of the time anyway)! But the nature of what he does causes him to be working most weekends. That stinks big-time.
So the church thing...every week it's a battle (for me): do I go, or do I take the lazy way out and declare it a "we're just gonna do stuff around the house today" day? It's so easy to do that, and I have done it way too much. I never regret it when I go, but I often regret it when I don't. It's obvious what I should do; it's just difficult to actually do it.
2. I've been in a bit of a mood lately. Everything annoys me. I don't know why. Rrrrrrrrrrrrgh.
3. I joke about letting the house go, but for real. This house is stressing me out. It's super-filthy. Well not Hoarders filthy. But the clutter is piling up, yet again, and I need to clean in the worst way. Ugggghhhhhhh.
1. We got Maggie this week! She is just the sweetest little thing. I've never been much of a "small dog" person; I grew up with a St. Bernard (best dog ever!), Rottweiler (another awesome dog), Doberman, German Shepherds here and there...you know, DOGS. Never a little piggy/gremlin-like thing that snorts and snuggles on the couch. I wasn't sure at first. But she is just perfect for our family.
DH brought her home in the best way, too! We were expecting to get her next week. But the owner called and said that she was ready any time (she'd just had puppies a little over a month ago). So DH called me and said that he had an appointment and wouldn't be back till the afternoon. I didn't think a thing of it. When I heard the car pull into the garage, the door opened, and in ran little Maggie! Best surprise ever!!!
2. Our Abby (7yo) made the cheerleading squad! This is her first year trying out, too. I was absolutely sure that she wouldn't make it. I mean, not that she's not good...but it's only her first year! I didn't even bother to do the first fundraiser because I thought there would be no point. Oopsie. I'm so proud of her! I guess now I really do have to be on that stupid committee after all. Oh well, it's worth it. :)
3. One of the nice things about DH's job, even though he works most weekends, is that he gets to take off sometimes 3 days in a row during the week. Last week was one of those weeks. We got so much accomplished: he put in a laundry line/dog run, which is working out just swimmingly. Last night we slept on line-dried sheets...ahhhhhhh. Love that.
Also, we built a potting shed! This one. It could not have been much easier. I love that Knock-off Wood website. I'd take a picture, but I'm being lazy. I'll put one up later. Right now I'm trying to decide whether to leave it unfinished, stain it, or paint it. I'll put a pic up later and you can give some unsolicited advice. Well, I guess now it would be solicited advice....
4. A surprise visit from my dear friend Molly...bearing iced mochas and tastykakes...for some reason, this summer we just haven't seen much of each other! Our kids get along great and it's always a highlight of my week when we get together. She homeschools, and I, as I mentioned before, am lazy. Just kidding. But my kids do go to public school, so during the school year, it's harder to get the kids together. So often, we just text each other a lot! Anyway, it was really nice to just sit on the deck and
5. About once a month or so (once a week during the school year), I get together with a few other friends. We TALK. And one of them happens to be a licensed counselor - score! :) Anyway, 3 out of the 4 of us got together this week so that the kids could swim. (Not at my house. I wish!) The kids swam for about oh, maybe 30-45 minutes or so, and then got out and played. But the three of us moms floated around in the sunshine and talked for I don't know how many hours. It was seriously the most relaxing day. I really needed that!
6. I gained a new blog follower this morning that I am really excited about: my own DH!!!!!!!!!! I think he should start a blog of his own and put his football commentary on there. He'd have like a million followers in no time. The guy is FUNNY! And smart. And he knows his football. My sister has a hard time getting over the fact that I have a jersey of my own (that I actually wear). Being married to a Steelers fan is like....you can't not be one, too. It is so much fun. For real! But I digress. As usual.
So there they are...the highs and lows of my week. Jen, you rock for starting this thing. It's fun!