1. well, honestly, there weren't really any major lows worth mentioning. Nothing fun to gripe or complain about. OH! Wait. I colored my hair. And like an idiot, I didn't carefully wipe off ALL the excess color from my forehead. Well, I thought I did, but I didn't, and it left a nice pinkish-purplish stain right at the top of my forehead. I basically wore my visor for the next 2 days. The embarrassing part of it is, I'm a licensed cosmetologist. Have I ever mentioned that? I used to work in a salon and do this for a LIVING. So that makes me even MORE of an idiot for letting that happen!
2. Oh, and I got a cold sore yesterday. Cold sores are the bane of my existence.
1. My kids are all back-to-school-shopped-for. All Done. I love back to school shopping. I love getting the kids new sneakers. There's something about new sneakers! I love picking out "first day of school" outfits. You should see my daughter's; it is so awesome. And it just made me so happy; when we were looking for some clothes at the store, I picked up a shirt with a peace sign on it and it said "love" or something like that. I asked Abby if she liked it...and she said, "No, I don't really get into the shirts that say "peace" and "love" and all that stuff. A lot of my friends do, but I don't really like it." OK. She is 7 years old with her OWN mind, and that makes me really proud.
2. Earlier in the week, the kids & I were able to get away to visit my parents for a few days. That is always a great time!
3. DH's company had a picnic at a local (very small) amusement park. Free lunch, half-price tickets, and a beautiful day...but the best part was, my little Nolan (5) overcame his fear of the water slide, and we had the biggest blast on that thing! I'm not exaggerating; I think we went on it like 20 times in a row. (There was no line.) I think that is one of my favorite things we've done this summer. :)
4. Speaking of Nolan, my little guy had his kindergarten orientation this week. I thought I'd cry, but I didn't. It actually made me excited for him. I think K will be very good for him, and he's definitely ready. I think I might be ready, too. And if it turns out I'm not, you'll know it on Aug. 29, because I will throw the world's largest pity-party for my poor, sad, abandoned self.
Well that's all folks. HOpefully I'll have something interesting to share this coming week! No promises, though...we're prepping for a massive yard sale and I'm up to my eyeballs in unwanted junk and sharpies!