Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sew Twelve

Wow, is this right up my alley.  Chickpea Sewing Studio has come up with a "12-step program for tired sewists."  Ha ha!  Yep, that would be me.  Or, more like, distracted, busy, sewing-room-too-messy-to-sew-in-it, too mired in the housework that just renews itself every day anyway....basically I haven't been sewing much lately.  But I want to get back to it. 

Especially after last night's inspiration...I went to a party, one of those where you basically are kind of expected to buy something.  I only went because 1. I wanted to support my good friend; her party didn't look like there would be too many attending...(ha!  The room was full when I got there.)  Well anyway, 2. Our weekend dinner plans were canceled, leaving a bunch of newly freed up/un-budgeted money out there for me to squander...I'm sure Dave Ramsey would have something to say about that.  I hang my head in shame.  ANYWAY,

This "home sales" company is pretty new to J-town; there are only two consultants in our area.  I have a feeling it's going to get a lot more in the coming months...the company is called Thirty-One.  (And their name is a reference to Proverbs 31 - how cool!)  Their bags are borderline luscious.  But it was really hard for me to choose one to get, because every bag I picked up, I kept thinking, pfft.  I could sew that. 

So, why am I not sewing???  Crazy.  So I'm jumping aboard the "Sew Twelve" challenge.  I may have to pro-rate it for the month of May, being half-over already (again, crazy!  where does the time go?) and do 6 days...gotta be realistic here. 

So here's the deal: For 12 months, 12 days a month, I will sew for 1 hour. 

I'm excited to see what happens!

OH and btw, here's the bag I decided on...there's a mile-long list of things I'll be using this for!

No comments:

Post a Comment