"A major award! It's a major award!" (name the movie)
Becca from from gardeners to bergers kinda made my day when she passed along the Versatile Blogger Award to me. It's true what she said. I do craft, sew, and cook. What she does not know is that I also snack. Uh-huh. That's right, ladies, I snack. AND, I also watch TV. Lots of it. Especially since we got Netflix AND a DVR within a few months of each other...it's like TV heaven around here. So you better believe I'm versatile!
No but really (well, yes, those things are true), but really, thanks Becca. :) That's sweet. I have totally enjoyed your blog ever since I discovered it, not too long ago!
So AS a "versatile blogger" (which sounds suspiciously euphemistic for "blogger with trouble focusing," but what do I know...), my first order of business will be to share with you 7 random factoids about myself.
1. I get the jimmy legs when I fall asleep. (So I'm told.) (By my husband who gets kicked all night.)
2. I can pretty much recite the following quotable movies: Napoleon Dynamite, Working Girl, Back to the Future, and The Princess Bride. I'm sure there are maybe one or two more, but I can't think of them right now.
3. I learned how to knit when I was 34 - that was last year...wait...well maybe I was 35...well anyway, I'll be 36 next week. My point is, it's never too late to learn something new. Not that I'm old. I'm just saying.
4. I have skinny lips. ARGH! CURSE YOU, SKINNY LIPS!
5. I have sworn off texting while driving, and going to the tanning bed. Abstaining from these things drives me crazy, but I know I'm better off for it (and so is my family).
6. I have amazing "real-life" friends. Just a few years ago, I didn't really have that. I was really lonely. So I prayed to God to bring some friends into my life, just maybe one or two, and He totally poured out blessings into my life and gave me such dear friends - some of whom were praying for the exact same thing as I was!
7. I'm saving up for a laptop. Wait, that's boring. You don't want to know that. Umm....oh! LOST will always be my favorite TV show. I have the entire series on DVD and watch it occasionally to stave off the withdrawal symptoms.
So there you go! And for my next order of business...here are 5 blogs I've recently discovered that I really like. They are awesome. I'm sure they've all already gotten this award, but whatever.
1. Life, Crafts, and Whatever - Hi-la-ri-ous. this girl is so funny! We could hang in real life. If we lived near each other. Which I don't think we do.
2. The Joys of Life with Lucy - Um, yeah, she introduced me to apples + peanut butter + nutella. So she's definitely on my short list. The good one.
3. Sew Sweetness - Amazing. Just amazing. Sewing talent galore. I will be joining some of her sewalongs this summer. Can't wait!
4. Oh Mandie - I actually know this girlie in real life! She is such a beautiful person, and our boys are buddies in Sunday school. Next year she will be the creative activities director for our MOPS group. I totally can't wait to see what she comes up with!
5. Maybe Matilda - if ever I had a "blog crush," it would be on Maybe Matilda. I know that sounds weird. But just go to her blog and see what I mean. Awesome! Love her!
So there you go! Stuff about me and the blogs I read!
Oh, and btw, Blogger has not been rather temperamental this evening, so if any of you newly-crowned versatile bloggers see this and are like, "hey, where's my comment?", I tried!
I need a snack.