Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring Top #3: Mothers' Day Edition

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there! Especially MY wonderful mom, my dear M-I-L Bonnie, and my awesome sister Susan. You're all wonderful! Hope you're feeling appreciated today.

This is just a quickie post to put up my latest and greatest...Spring Top #3. I'm calling it my Mothers Day top. Why? Because I finished it today. And slapped a flower pin on it. I wanted to wear it today, but there was a sleeve issue at around 10:30 last night that I didn't feel like dealing with at the time.

You'll notice that my top is now sleeveless. ;)

I really could get into the whole thing of how that happened, but it's nice out and I want to go out and play with the kids...and the little piggy-dog we're taking care of this week. She's a french bulldog, and she is so, so sweet. But she doesn't resemble any dog I've ever known. She reminds me more of a pot-bellied pig! Plus, she seems to only be able to snort. I have yet to hear her bark.

Ok, so getting back to the subject at hand...here's the top! It just may be my favorite one yet!



Just in the nick of time, I'll be submitting this, my third and final, to Made by Rae's Spring Top Sewalong.  I have been looking at the entries here and there; there are a LOT of really nice tops in this thing.  I hope I can hang in there with the "big girls!"

14 comments:

  1. Very Cute! I have yet to try making anything for myself....but I'm going to give this a try! :)

    www.christyscuties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your top! It's adorable! And it looks great sleeveless ;-)

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling!! I LOVE the colors and the flower embellishment! Visiting from
    http://justsewsassy.com/2011/05/09/tuesday-tutorial-from-drab-to-fab-chiffon-ruffle-canvas-bag/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top turned out awesome! I love the fabrics, and those colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. Very cute and the addition of the flower just made it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's a lovely top! i want one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Great fabric choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohmygoodness, I would SO buy that if I saw it in a store! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you use a pattern? I love this top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute top! Thanks for linking @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that top! Great design and lovely flower brooch. :)

    Cheers,
    Cathy@cheap digitizing

    ReplyDelete